Tuesday 6 July 2010

Henshall 'grateful'

I found this post on digital spy:

Douglas Henshall has revealed that he is "grateful" to Primeval.

The actor - who starred in the show as Nick Cutter - explained that he is pleased that a wider audience is now aware of him.

"Before that I was in things that were on 10 o'clock on a Thursday night rather than Saturday primetime," he told TV Choice. "But it's been good for me and brought me to a much wider group of people. I'm very grateful because it's allowed me to do different things."

Henshall, who appears as an "irascible, ambitious, impatient, stubborn, driven and arrogant" police officer in new BBC drama The Silence, also explained that he is pleased he can play lots of different roles.

"I'm very fortunate in that I get a wide variety of things to do, and it's what I've always tried to do," he said. "Sometimes it's a blessing and other times a curse, as I don't work in any one style, and that makes it difficult for some people because I don't have an easily recognisable label."

The Silence begins on July 12 at 9pm on BBC One.

No comments: