Tuesday 6 July 2010

Potts teases fans... which is us!!

This is interesting, I nabbed it off digital spy, the original post can be found here. Anyway here it is:

Primeval star Andrew-Lee Potts has revealed details of the show's upcoming fourth series.

The programme was initially cancelled after the third run but was later recommissioned under a new coproduction deal between ITV and UKTV.

Potts - who plays Connor Temple - told Chicago Now: "[A] lot of things happened in the last series; I.E. losing our lead character. You've got to be a bit clever to survive in Primeval because they like killing people off quite a lot. But that's their way of keeping it really super fresh, and you actually never know. And nobody's really safe."

The actor praised the show's former star Douglas Henshall, who played Nick Cutter.

"People might not realise how much Dougie, I think, anchored the entire show, because it was his belief in it, his belief in coming from the serious actor side, and the professor side of the storyline. I think that made the show somewhat plausible in the ridiculousness of the Primeval world. I really respected that.

"I suppose, in a way, I am the character to carry that on now, so there are definitely going to be more nods toward Connor becoming more like Cutter."

Potts also attempted to explain the series' popularity with viewers.

"It's got a lot for everybody in there, and I think it doesn't patronise. We have a bit of fun. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but just seriously enough. I think the balance of things in the show, I think they always get right."

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Ooh that Andrew, he is a tease! Loves him AND Dougie... Your info is always appreciated Seb, keep it coming!

Sxx