Monday 31 January 2011

5 days to go...


The final of Series 4 of Primeval is on in 5 days time! And I'm just a tad excited. Anway, I have a few bits of news for you. The last episode of Primeval received just 3.39m views which was 14.8% of the viewings for that time. This is one of the lowest overnight ratings Primeval has ever had. I'm sure the final will do better, right? RIGHT?? ;(

News article two is somert I nabbed off Digital Spy, here. Just something slightly random I found on there:

Primeval star Lucy Brown has admitted that a film version of the ITV series would be "fantastic".

It was reported in 2009 that Warner Bros. had acquired the screen rights to the show in a six-figure deal.

"[A film has been] talked about a lot," Brown told Den of Geek. "I remember having a discussion with [co-creator] Adrian [Hodges] two years ago, about where a film might go. But the script has to be written and approved. But I think that would be fantastic, and they should definitely do it."

However, the actress, who reprised her role as Jenny Lewis in Saturday's episode of Primeval, admitted that the project was unlikely to go forward "in the near future".

"All that stuff's beyond my control," she explained. "It's up to the higher powers."

The fourth series of Primeval concludes this Saturday at 7.30pm on ITV1.


And news article 3, also from dear digital spy:
Primeval star Andrew-Lee Potts has claimed that the show has improved since it began.

The fourth series of the sci-fi drama, which features Potts as science whiz Connor Temple, is currently airing on Saturdays on ITV1.

The actor told Total Sci-Fi: "I do think in this series Primeval really finds its feet. It's been a show that has perhaps strayed sometimes, as the producers and writers, and all of us on screen, have tried to work out what is best."

Potts suggested that the show's brief axe actually benefited the current fourth run.

He said: "With us having a year off, I think we were really able to nail down many of the key story points that people wanted to know."

He also praised the present series for returning focus to the scientific element of the show.

"One thing I like is they've brought the science back," he confirmed. "I mean obviously the action and monsters are fantastic, but we need the science in the show, because that’s how it all started."

Also, can I just say, why have we not been seeing more of thiss:

1 comment:

Sassy said...

That's very not good ratings. Which is surprising considering the return of Jenny, which should be a massive deal for drifter fans :/

Sxx